Fixed Income, Bonds & CDs
Whether you are an experienced bond investor or thinking about investing in bonds and CDs for the first time, we have the people to enable you to get the most out of Fidelity's bond resources. Give us a call and let's discuss how we can help.
Fixed Income Specialists & Consultants
Strategically located nationwide, our fixed income specialists work with you and your financial consultant to provide bond strategies and trading expertise when you need it.
- Build a bond ladder to create an income stream or review your bond holdings with a fixed income analysis report.
- Take advantage of our new issue offerings with minimal transaction costs.
- Meet with you and your financial consultant face-to-face, where available.
High Net Worth Bond Desk Services
If you have a large and complex bond portfolio and have over $3 million in bonds or CDs to invest, then our High Net Worth Bond Desk could be right for you.
- Dedicated 1:1 relationship for your fixed income portfolio
- In-depth review of your bond holdings through your fixed income analysis report
- Automatic access for clients of Fidelity Private Wealth Management®
Financial consultants play a central role in understanding your overall financial situation. Understand how they engage with fixed income specialists to meet and deliver your bond investing needs.
- A trusted partner that can help you build, manage, and preserve your wealth while providing overall guidance regarding your investment portfolio
- A dedicated 1:1 relationship accessible over the phone or face-to-face meetings at our Investor Centers nationwide
Why Buy Bonds & CDs at Fidelity
At Fidelity we aspire to provide you with a broad set of resources to help you build and manage your bond portfolio – and to do so at low and transparent prices. That combination equates to a great value for you.
- Engage with sophisticated yet simple to use tools on the web.
- Leverage Fidelity’s fixed income specialists and let us generate your personalized Bond Ladder or Analysis report for you.
The Value of Managed Accounts
Investment professionals do the work for you by actively managing your money. You gain:
- The experience of Fidelity through all kinds of markets and a sophisticated approach to risk management.
- Access to proprietary and third-party research.
- A dedicated portfolio specialist for in-depth quarterly and annual reviews.
Fidelity keeps you informed
- Fidelity.com provides secure and easy access to your account and performance information.
- Account activity reports provide detailed information on trades made in your account.
- A year-end tax statement reports all account transactions and tax basis information.
Buying New Issue Bonds
Fidelity makes certain new issue products available with no transaction fee.* Fidelity may receive compensation from issuers for participating in the offering as a selling group member and/or underwriter.
Accessibility of new issues varies for individual investors, with the Treasury market most accessible and the corporate market least accessible.
New Issue BondsNew Issue Munis
- Not a customer? Sign up for Guest Access
Separately Managed AccountsProfessional management for your bonds
New CDsCreate a CD ladder (4:10)
New Treasury BondsTreasury Auction Schedule
Bond FundsShort Duration Fund Options from Fidelity
ETFsFidelity Bond Factor ETFs
News & Analysis
3rd Party NewsCapital Economics
- Bond Buyer News
Dedicated ResourcesVolatile bond market
Fidelity ViewpointsUnderstanding money market funds NEW
- A CD strategy in volatile markets NEW
- Why own high-quality bonds? NEW
- Want income and wealth preservation?
Municipal Borrowers GuidesCalifornia (PDF)
CT & Mass (PDF)
New York (PDF)
VideosNavigating bonds and CDs on Fidelity.com (7:15)
- CD ladders: Discovering certificate of deposit strategies (4:10)
- See all Fixed Income Videos
ToolsReview your Cash Flow by position (PDF)
- Viewpoint – How and why to build a bond ladder
StrategiesInvesting for income in retirement NEW
- Added balance and income for your portfolio
Fixed Income Webinars — LiveInvestment opportunities and market update with Fidelity's High Income division NEW
- Learning to climb the CD Ladder NEW
- The anatomy of a recession NEW
Refine your strategy –
Sign up for webinar invites
Fixed Income Webinars – RecordingsConsiderations for municipal bond investing (52:00) NEW
- Rates and risk: Navigating bonds in 2020 (47:31)
- What you need to know about bond pricing (48:13)
- Rethinking bond investing (45:30)
- Benefits and risks of owning individual bonds, bond funds, and bond ETFs (49:50)
Competitive StudiesCompetitive Bond Pricing Study
Outside ContributorsForbes: New Rules Require Brokers To Disclose Commissions On Bond Trades
- EMMA guide for Senior Investors
- FINRA: Confirmation Disclosure FAQ
Take a CourseLeveraging fixed income & bond investing tools on Fidelity.com
Guidance provided is educational.