Fixed Income, Bonds & CDs
Manage Your Fixed Income Portfolio
Build Your Fixed Income Portfolio
Create a consistent stream of income by purchasing bonds with staggered maturities.
Get timely updates on new issues, material events, and redemptions sent to your wireless device or Fidelity.com inbox.
Find and easily compare fixed income mutual funds for any investment need.
Tools to be a More Informed Investor
Preferred securities share characteristics of both stocks and bonds. Fidelity provides an array of criteria to help you ﬁlter these securities' unique attributes.
Some companies pay out a dividend, or a portion of their proﬁts, to stockholders. Dividends are not ﬁxed and yields can vary because of increases or decreases in the share price.
Income Planning and Investment Strategy
Analyze your investment strategy, review asset allocation decisions, and create an income strategy.
News & Analysis
3rd Party NewsCapital Economic Reports NEW
- Kiplinger: Boost Your Returns with Brokered CDs
- Bond Buyer News
Dedicated ResourcesAmerican Express merger NEW
- Muni Compendium (PDF) NEW
- Volatile bond market
- Hartford & CT News
- Puerto Rico Resources
- Illinois News
Fidelity ViewpointsWhat's ahead for the bond market? NEW
- How much am I paying for my bonds? NEW
- What rates may mean for bond investors
- Can premium bonds help reduce rate risk?
Municipal Borrowers Guides
New York (PDF) NEW
VideosNavigating changing interest rates (6:03)
- Navigating bonds and CDs on Fidelity.com (7:15)
- Evaluating interest rate risk in your fixed income portfolio (3:39)
- Trading limit orders in the bond market (5:02)
ToolsAssess your interest rate sensitivity (PDF)
StrategiesViewpoint – How and why to build a bond ladder
Fixed Income Webinars — LiveChoosing between individual bonds, bond fund and bond ETFs NEW
- Refine your strategy – Sign up for webinar invites
Fixed Income Webinars – RecordingsRecording: The case for a more active approach to bond investing (55:06) NEW
- Improving returns on short term investments (53:55)
- Investing in individual bonds and managed bond SMAs (55:25)
- Fidelity's fixed income and bond ladder tools (42:33)
Competitive StudiesCompetitive Bond Pricing Study
- Kiplinger’s rates Fidelity Best Online Broker
Outside ContributorsForbes: New Rules Require Brokers To Disclose Commissions On Bond Trades NEW
- MSRB: What is a Mark-up? NEW
- FINRA: Confirmation Disclosure FAQ NEW
Take a CourseLeveraging fixed income & bond investing tools on Fidelity.com