Fixed Income, Bonds & CDs
Whether you are an experienced bond investor or thinking about investing in bonds and CDs for the first time, we have the people to enable you to get the most out of Fidelity's bond resources. Give us a call and let's discuss how we can help.
Fixed Income Specialists & Consultants
Strategically located nationwide, our fixed income specialists work with you and your financial consultant to provide bond strategies and trading expertise when you need it.
- Build a bond ladder to create an income stream or review your bond holdings with a fixed income analysis report.
- Take advantage of our new issue offerings with minimal transaction costs.
- Meet with you and your financial consultant face-to-face, where available.
High Net Worth Bond Desk Services
If you have a large and complex bond portfolio and have over $3 million in bonds or CDs to invest, then our High Net Worth Bond Desk could be right for you.
- Dedicated 1:1 relationship for your fixed income portfolio
- In-depth review of your bond holdings through your fixed income analysis report
- Automatic access for clients of Fidelity Private Wealth Management®
Financial consultants play a central role in understanding your overall financial situation. Understand how they engage with fixed income specialists to meet and deliver your bond investing needs.
- A trusted partner that can help you build, manage, and preserve your wealth while providing overall guidance regarding your investment portfolio
- A dedicated 1:1 relationship accessible over the phone or face-to-face meetings at our Investor Centers nationwide
Why Buy Bonds & CDs at Fidelity
At Fidelity we aspire to provide you with a broad set of resources to help you build and manage your bond portfolio – and to do so at low and transparent prices. That combination equates to a great value for you.
- Engage with sophisticated yet simple to use tools on the web.
- Leverage Fidelity’s fixed income specialists and let us generate your personalized Bond Ladder or Analysis report for you.
The Value of Managed Accounts
Investment professionals do the work for you by actively managing your money. You gain:
- The experience of Fidelity through all kinds of markets and a sophisticated approach to risk management.
- Access to proprietary and third-party research.
- A dedicated portfolio specialist for in-depth quarterly and annual reviews.
Fidelity keeps you informed
- Fidelity.com provides secure and easy access to your account and performance information.
- Account activity reports provide detailed information on trades made in your account.
- A year-end tax statement reports all account transactions and tax basis information.
Buying New Issue Bonds
Fidelity makes certain new issue products available with no transaction fee.* Fidelity may receive compensation from issuers for participating in the offering as a selling group member and/or underwriter.
Accessibility of new issues varies for individual investors, with the Treasury market most accessible and the corporate market least accessible.
New Issue BondsState of Connecticut General Obligation Bonds NEW
- New Issue CorporateNotesSM
Municipal Borrowers GuideCalifornia (PDF)
CT & Mass (PDF)
New York (PDF)
New CDsFractional CDs NEW
New Treasury BondsTreasury Auction Schedule
Separately Managed AccountsProfessional management for your bonds
Bond FundsBond Fund Options from Fidelity
ETFsFidelity Bond ETFs
Fixed Income Webinars — LiveThe Fed, Inflation and Taxable Bond Outlook for 2023 NEW
- Live Webinars
- Sign up for future webinar invites
Fixed Income Webinars – RecordingsBond investing beyond yield: A deeper dive NEW
New issue fixed income choices in a challenging rate environment
Bond pricing study 2022 – Pricing out the competition
- Additional On-Demand Webinars
Competitive StudiesCompetitive Bond Pricing Study
Outside ContributorsTax and Liquidity Considerations for Buying Discount Bonds
- Forbes: New Rules Require Brokers To Disclose Commissions On Bond Trades
- FINRA: Confirmation Disclosure FAQ
Take a CourseLeveraging fixed income & bond investing tools on Fidelity.com
A bond ladder, depending on the types and amount of securities within it, may not ensure adequate diversification of your investment portfolio. While diversification does not ensure a profit or guarantee against loss, a lack of diversification may result in heightened volatility of your portfolio value. You must perform your own evaluation as to whether a bond ladder and the securities held within it are consistent with your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial circumstances. To learn more about diversification and its effects on your portfolio, contact a representative.
"Fidelity Managed Accounts" or "Fidelity managed accounts" refer to the discretionary investment management services provided through Fidelity Personal and Workplace Advisors LLC (FPWA), a registered investment adviser. These services are provided for a fee. Brokerage services provided by Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (FBS), and custodial and related services provided by National Financial Services LLC (NFS), each a member NYSE and SIPC. FPWA, FBS, and NFS are Fidelity Investments companies.