Fixed Income, Bonds & CDs
Manage Your Fixed Income Portfolio
Build Your Fixed Income Portfolio
Create a consistent stream of income by purchasing bonds with staggered maturities.
Get timely updates on new issues, material events, and redemptions sent to your wireless device or Fidelity.com inbox.
Find and easily compare fixed income mutual funds for any investment need.
Tools to be a More Informed Investor
Preferred securities share characteristics of both stocks and bonds. Fidelity provides an array of criteria to help you ﬁlter these securities' unique attributes.
Some companies pay out a dividend, or a portion of their proﬁts, to stockholders. Dividends are not ﬁxed and yields can vary because of increases or decreases in the share price.
Income Planning and Investment Strategy
Analyze your investment strategy, review asset allocation decisions, and create an income strategy.
News & Analysis
Dedicated ResourcesVolatile bond market
- Hartford & CT News
- Puerto Rico Resources
- Illinois News
Fidelity ViewpointsHow to start investing in bond funds NEW
- Bonds: The impact of a murky economic outlook
- Quarterly market update: Q3 2017 key takeaways
3rd Party NewsKiplinger: Boost Your Returns with Brokered CDs
- Bond Buyer News
Municipal Borrowers Guides
California (PDF) NEW
VideosNavigating changing interest rates (6:03)
- Navigating the Fixed Income, Bonds & CDs page on Fidelity.com (7:15)
- Evaluating interest rate risk in your fixed income portfolio (3:39)
- Trading limit orders in the fixed income market at Fidelity (5:02)
ToolsAssess your interest rate sensitivity (PDF)
StrategiesViewpoint – How and why to build a bond ladder
Fixed Income Webinars — LiveRefine your strategy – Sign up for webinar invites NEW
Fixed Income Webinars – RecordingsRevealing the truth about bond pricing (56:39) NEW
- Fixed income and Bond Investing Tools (59:22)
- Municipal bonds and the new issue process (57:41)
- Making your cash work harder with Model CD Ladders (47:29)
StudiesCompetitive Bond Pricing Study
- Barron's survey, Fidelity #1 Online Broker
- Online Bond Trading Study (PDF)
Outside ContributorsMSRB New School
View MSRB Video
- SEC – Municipal Bonds: Understanding Credit Risk (PDF)
Take a CourseLeveraging fixed income & bond investing tools on Fidelity.com